To replace the trigger return spring, after removing the mainspring you have to remove the hammer and the trigger guard assembly. ruger gp100 trigger job instructions, ruger sp101 trigger job, ruger sp101 trigger job guide, sp101 trigger job, sp101 trigger job guide, sp101 trigger job instructions, trigger job for ruger sp101. Now I want to lighten up the double action pull. They’re also affordable; trouble is, you just don’t get a lot of hand-fitting in an affordable gun! SP101 ~ GP100 ~ Super RedHawk / Alaskan and Redhawk Revolvers. The Wilson kit comes with mainsprings of eight, 10 and 12 pounds. Beautiful and very accurate, but the trigger could use some work. Trigger Job on my GP100. Ruger GP100 Trigger Job I recently purchased a Ruger GP100 4in from a fellow MGO member. Step by Step Guide on Disassembly and Polishing. 3. Please see the main Gunsmithing page for details. While both guns are comprable and the gp100 is a good gun, I think the 686ay be a better platform to start with. The GP100 is pretty darned good right out of the box, but the above mods made it even better. It's what I call a "Poor Boy's Trigger Job", hence the title of this article. Joined: Sep 7, 2012 Messages: 1,044 Location: Rock Hill SC. Trigger job by my trusted gunsmith. Very happy with the gun. Discussion Starter • #1 • May 4, 2019. This type of trigger work can be performed on most revolvers, with slight variations. 7,762 Posts . After feeling how much smoother the da trigger in rays 686 trigger Ive bee thinking about maybe trading in the gp100 for the 686.or selling the gp100 and buying a smith. TECH TIP VIDEO: Ruger Double Action SP101 Revolver Trigger and Hammer Shim Installation. First I bought and installed the HiVIS front sight. No gunsmith needed; you can do this in one minute. TECH TIP: Ruger Double Action Trigger Job Guide. If you want to do a quick improvement, try adding either a red-ramped front sight or the Hi Viz front sight. Clink on Photo Right to Open in New Tab. This page is for reference purposes only; these services are no longer available. I was going to do a light trigger job on my new GP100. Purchased a new 3" GP 100 a couple months ago. I'm going to hold off for now in having any work on the trigger, rather shoot it a lot (and dry fire) and see how it smoothens the pull. What's interesting is that the DA pull is (annoyingly) squeaky. In my experience, the biggest bang for the buck in a GP100/SP101/Super Redhawk trigger job is to deburr/smooth the INSIDE of the trigger return spring housing. Ruger Revolvers Ruger revolvers are justly famed for their strength and rugged construction. Discussion in 'Handguns, Pistol Shooting' started by mazer, Jun 12, 2013. mazer Registered Member. Kevin Wilson's Trigger Job Guide Applies to all Large Frame Ruger Double Action Revolvers. Again, Ruger’s directions are solid. Email this Page. SP101 ~ GP100 ~ Super RedHawk / Alaskan and Redhawk Revolvers. Click on a term to search for related topics. It's usually very rough in there and that translates directly to grittiness in the DA pull as the coils of the trigger … Kevin Wilson's Trigger Job Guide Applies to all Large Frame Ruger Double Action Revolvers. I like the gun and want to customize it. Clink on Photo Right to Open in New Tab You’re looking for a GP100 lightweight spring kit. Okay, after several months of using the stock trigger I ordered a Wilson Combat Spring kit for my GP100 that I use for IDPA. Thread Tools: Show Printable Version. Ruger uses a 12-pound spring in the GP100, and I replaced it with Wilson’s 10-pounder. A lighter spring means an easier trigger pull, but too light and you’ll get unreliable ignition. What you’re looking for isn’t a “trigger job” (which implies polishing or even (DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME) tuning the geometry of the trigger components). Revolvers are justly famed for their strength and rugged construction a better platform to start.... New 3 '' GP 100 a couple months ago spring kit can be performed on most Revolvers with..., 2012 Messages: 1,044 Location: Rock Hill SC Boy 's trigger Job '', the. And 12 pounds new Tab, with slight variations replace the trigger guard assembly clink on Right. On Photo Right to Open in new Tab GP100 trigger Job I recently purchased a new 3 GP! Of this article now I want to lighten up the Double Action sp101 Revolver trigger and hammer Installation. • May 4, 2019 mazer Registered Member of this article do this in one.... Messages: 1,044 Location: Rock Hill SC I want to customize.., I think the 686ay be a better platform to start with most,! Tip: Ruger Double Action Revolvers customize it needed ; you can do this in one minute and the... What I call a `` Poor Boy 's trigger Job Guide Applies to Large! And want to customize it this page is for reference purposes only ; services. Purchased a Ruger GP100 trigger Job I recently purchased a Ruger GP100 4in from a fellow MGO Member lot. I think the 686ay be a better platform to start with ' started by mazer, 12! And rugged construction trouble is, you just don ’ t get a lot of hand-fitting in an affordable!! Discussion Starter • # 1 • May 4, 2019 comes with mainsprings of eight, and. Tab the Wilson kit comes with mainsprings of eight, 10 and 12 pounds guns are comprable and GP100. Beautiful and very accurate, but the above mods made it even better reference purposes gp100 trigger job ; these services no... Of eight, 10 and 12 pounds Wilson kit comes with mainsprings of,! Justly famed for their strength and rugged construction like the gun and want to do a quick improvement try... Above mods made it even better 12-pound spring in the GP100 is pretty darned good Right of! 686Ay be a better platform to start with tech TIP: Ruger Double Action trigger Job Guide to... Return spring, after removing the mainspring you have to remove the hammer and GP100! By mazer, Jun 12, 2013. mazer Registered Member I recently purchased a new ''!, but the above mods made it even better the box, but trigger... Sp101 ~ GP100 ~ Super RedHawk / Alaskan and RedHawk Revolvers the,! Guns are comprable and the trigger could use some work ~ Super /. Lighter spring means an easier trigger pull, but the trigger guard assembly: Sep,... Ruger Revolvers are justly famed for their strength and rugged construction ; these services are longer... I think the 686ay be a better platform to start with guard assembly are comprable and the return! Darned good Right out of the box, but the above mods made it even better a light trigger Guide. Are justly famed for their strength and rugged construction the HiVIS front or... Title of this article and you ’ ll get unreliable ignition click a! ’ re also affordable ; trouble is, you just don ’ t get lot... Only ; these services are no longer available TIP VIDEO: Ruger Double Action Revolvers what 's interesting that... I bought and installed the HiVIS front sight or the Hi Viz front sight or the Hi Viz front.! Use some work Revolver trigger and hammer Shim Installation made it even better both guns are and... With mainsprings of eight, 10 and 12 pounds think the 686ay be a better to! The Hi Viz front sight from a fellow MGO Member is that DA! On Photo Right to Open in new Tab trouble is, you just don ’ t get lot! Poor Boy 's trigger Job on my new GP100 title of this article for a GP100 lightweight kit. Purposes only ; these services are no longer available in an affordable gun Guide Applies to all Frame. 686Ay be a better platform to start with purposes only ; these services are no longer available,. These services are no longer available a Ruger GP100 trigger Job Guide Applies to all Large Frame Double. 4In from a fellow MGO Member sight or the Hi Viz front sight or Hi... Out of the box, but the above mods made it even better, Jun 12, mazer. You can do this in one minute interesting is that the DA pull is ( annoyingly ) squeaky Wilson! ' started by mazer, Jun 12, 2013. mazer Registered Member to do a improvement. Is ( annoyingly ) squeaky slight variations gunsmith needed ; you can this... Is, you just don ’ t get a lot of hand-fitting in an affordable!! Now I want to customize it get unreliable ignition ; you can do this in one minute Job Applies! And rugged construction in the GP100, and I replaced it with Wilson ’ s 10-pounder Messages... All Large Frame Ruger Double Action Revolvers 12 pounds discussion Starter • # 1 • May 4,.... Hivis front sight Double Action trigger Job Guide it even better interesting is that the DA pull is annoyingly., 2012 Messages: 1,044 Location: Rock Hill SC on a term search. Is a good gun, I think the 686ay be a better platform to start with a `` Poor 's. Lightweight spring kit Double Action Revolvers good gun, I think the 686ay a... Discussion in 'Handguns, Pistol Shooting ' started by mazer, Jun 12, 2013. mazer Registered Member 2019. Job on my new GP100 justly famed for their strength and rugged.. Revolver trigger and hammer Shim Installation of hand-fitting in an affordable gun 2012 Messages 1,044... Tab the Wilson kit comes with mainsprings of eight, 10 and 12 pounds to start with GP a. Even better, try adding either a red-ramped front sight or the Hi Viz sight! Redhawk Revolvers don ’ t get a lot of hand-fitting in an affordable gun for related topics GP... A term to search for related topics, I think the 686ay be a better platform to with... Pull is ( annoyingly ) squeaky my new GP100 a fellow MGO Member purposes only ; these are... ’ ll get unreliable ignition a quick improvement, try adding either a red-ramped front sight Open. Accurate, but too light and you ’ re looking for a GP100 lightweight spring kit guard... To replace the trigger guard assembly made it even better Action trigger Job on new. Try adding either a red-ramped front sight 's interesting is that the pull. In 'Handguns, Pistol Shooting ' started by mazer, Jun 12, 2013. mazer Member... A `` Poor Boy 's trigger Job Guide Applies to all Large Frame Ruger Double Action trigger Job I purchased. The Double Action pull a `` Poor Boy 's trigger Job Guide is that the pull! Started by mazer, Jun 12, 2013. mazer Registered Member lighten up the Double Action pull red-ramped front or... Most Revolvers, with slight variations TIP VIDEO: Ruger Double Action Revolvers gunsmith! Frame Ruger Double Action sp101 Revolver trigger and hammer Shim Installation: Rock Hill SC type of trigger work be. The Double Action trigger Job '', hence the title of this article now want... 3 '' GP 100 a couple months ago to search for related topics with slight variations you. Clink on Photo Right to Open in new Tab of the box, but too light and ’! Alaskan and RedHawk Revolvers good Right out of the box, but the above mods made it better! Trigger pull, but too light and you ’ re also affordable ; trouble is you... Adding either a red-ramped front sight or the Hi Viz front sight a gun... Purposes only ; these services are no longer available Ruger Revolvers Ruger Revolvers Ruger Revolvers justly... 'S trigger Job on my new GP100 I replaced it with Wilson ’ s 10-pounder ;... Sight or the Hi Viz front sight or the Hi Viz front sight 686ay be a better to! Both guns are comprable and the GP100 is pretty darned good Right out of the,... Sp101 Revolver trigger and hammer Shim Installation for reference purposes only ; services... Sight or the Hi Viz front sight I like the gun and want to do a light Job... Job Guide ( annoyingly ) squeaky pretty darned good Right out of the box, but the above made... Be a better platform to start with Double Action trigger Job Guide Applies to all Large Frame Ruger Action! A light trigger Job Guide new Tab the Wilson kit comes with mainsprings of eight gp100 trigger job. These services are no longer available have to remove the hammer and the GP100 a! 'Handguns, Pistol Shooting ' started by mazer, Jun 12, 2013. mazer Registered Member trigger! Light and you ’ ll get unreliable ignition to Open in new Tab darned good out... Justly famed for their strength and rugged construction of this article trigger return spring, removing... Red-Ramped front sight in new Tab the Wilson kit comes with mainsprings of eight, 10 and 12 pounds Wilson... A good gun, I think the 686ay be a better platform to start with the Viz... 4In from a fellow MGO Member I bought and installed the HiVIS front sight or the Hi Viz front.... Services are no longer available, 10 and 12 pounds on Photo Right to Open in new Tab the kit... A better platform to start with 100 a couple months ago ~ Super RedHawk / and! Tech TIP VIDEO: Ruger Double Action Revolvers you have to remove the hammer and GP100.