Here you had a series of books that seemed to cover every story you’d ever even heard whispers about, and they did it in a consistent and affordable format. Of course, Disney softens their version considerably with the typical Disney rounding of hard edges through Disney-level illustrations. The Story of The Wizard of Oz 1978 Read Along Book and Record - Walt Disney #34 £7.41 P&P: + £2.08 P&P Walt Disney Davy Crockett Sound Story Cassette Paperback Book Read Along 31DC I’m not absolutely clear on who broke the seal on this whole idea first … who led, who followed. Technically, yes, they could. (Redirected from Disney Read-Along) Walt Disney Records is an American record label of the Disney Music Group. 1982. In 1953, a French gentleman called Lucien Adès founded his own record label Disques Adès and created the series Le Petit Ménestrel ("The Little Minstrel") which was a significant European forerunner to Disney's read-along series – though not the first read-along series in the world with Disney titles. And then … well, let’s just say there is a psych! Peter Pan was able to bite into that bionic sandwich, too, and if you loved Steve Austin and talking books, you had to have this one. It’s splendid.eval(ez_write_tag([[580,400],'omigods_com-large-mobile-banner-1','ezslot_3',115,'0','0'])); Of course, Peter Pan didn’t limit itself to horror, and neither did my tastes. What? After all, I had to be able to converse about important cultural topics with my dad, too. The Fox and Probably makes old Geppetto wonder what he’s gotten himself into. 80s Slang Words Translated So Even Millennials Can Understand, 5 Ways Darth Vader’s Star Destroyer Confused Me at Christmas 1980, How to Pogo-Stick Your Cousin Over His House and into Local Lore, How 1984 White Castle Prices Nearly Killed Me in 7 Easy Steps, 20 Ridiculous Cameos on the Hardy Boys TV Show. 94. Walt Disney’s Read Along Record Book #451 Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back. One last difference — the records in the Power Collection were of the diminutive 45 RPM variety, rather than the large 33 1/3 RPM discs in the Disney camp. I think my first was Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs, but my collection only just started there. The Mickey Mouse Club records were made of orange styrene, and other Disney titles were molded on black styrene, often with a teal-blue label. Sleeping Beauty "I Wonder" & "Once Upon A Dream" Disneyland Record … The books were typically adaptations of popular Disney movies, cartoons, and sometimes titles based on non-Disney properties. $17.00. Like Disney, and like the base versions of the their “Little” books, Golden covered a wide range of topics with their read-alongs. ADVERTISEMENT. Article by BuzzFeed. View original. Here, they’re all together and one fantastically frightening package of 1970s kid freakout. by K. Gitter June 25, 2017, 10:01 pm. Here is the "Lion King" read along, with the pictures from the book. Sure you had Sleeping Beauty and Peter Pan, but Disney published some other titles you may have forgotten about. More information... People also love these ideas. It was great, (dad-pun alert) revolutionary stuff in the 70s. Red could really use some help, but finding none, she does the work herself. Via Flickr: 40423298@N08. What’s the ultimate symbol of the latchkey kids of that generation? Walt Disney Read Along Books With Records . 25 Forgotten Walt Disney Read-Along Book And Records. And any time you have a chance to get a Peanuts anything, or to include a Peanuts anything on a list like this, you have to do it. Idea. Each book ran 24 pages and included a 7 inch record of a narrator who read the story. 10. “The Haunted Mansion” Via disneylandrecords.tumblr.com. Disney "Read-Along" Records. Posted on April 30, 2016 by disneynouns. I think my first was Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs, but my collection only just started there. 9. “Babes In Toyland” Via disneylandrecords.tumblr.com. Enter “The Six Million Dollar Man” and all of his macho adventures, not to mention all of his space-age baubles that made for must-have toys. March 21st 2017. The sound of the record turning is so nostalgic. Postage and packaging. All the other animals agree that it’s a great idea, and they support her moving forward with it … as long as someone else does the work. Each features a 7-inch LP record with 24-page color book and song lyrics. Japan. The greatest American hero … Peter Pan!! And, in the end, Bambi gets the girl, knocks her up, and takes the forest throne from his dad. It was amazing. $7.99. Drunken parties while mom and dad worked? To celebrate all that innovation and goodness, here are just ten of the amazing read-along record books from the 1970s that might still teach you a thing or two. Basically, the Little Red Hen comes up with an idea while pecking around the barnyard one day. by K. Gitter June 25, 2017, 10:01 pm. Probably no surprise, either, that they partnered with the Disneyland label to get the audio married to the book(io). In addition to titles telling tales of popular Disney characters, movies and attractions, read along records were also crafted based upon non-Disney movies, stories, and subjects. When I was a kid, Disney Records with Read-Along books were on my list of most favorite things. Walt Disney’s Story of Pinocchio Yep, this is the classic tale of an old woodcarver’s puppet who dreams about coming to life, and then does. When I was a kid, Disney Records with Read-Along books were on my list of most favorite things. 101 Dalmatians Live: A Bug's Life Read-Along: Bambi: Beauty and the Beast Deluxe Read-Along: Beauty and the Beast Read-Along: Beauty and the Beast DVD Read-Along: Brother Bear: Cinderella Read-Along: Finding Nemo: The Jungle Book Read-Along: The Jungle Book DVD Read-Along : The Jungle Book 2 Read-Along: Lady and the Tramp Read-Along: Lilo & Stitch CD Read-Along … Tags: walt disney disney record. These discs were created in a double-inventory with their 45-RPM counterparts and playe… 25 Forgotten Disney Read-Along Books With Records. of 80s proportions waiting in these pages and grooves. You could slot any number of stories here, but “Escape from the Planet of the Apes” is fitting since the film series was such a huge part of popular culture in the 1970s. I would like for the rest of the Disney Read Along records to be uploaded on here as soon as possible. Finding that dead body down by the tracks when you wondered off because nobody was around to watch you? “Read it yourself” books were made for new readers, and each set included a vinyl record with the story and songs so you could read along — like a modern-day audiobook — complete with music and sound effects. $70.00. … Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing. Disney’s Read-Along Books and Records: 1970’s. It was a fun way to … These tales are grittier on the surface than their Disney counterparts, as you might expect from comic books, and the books themselves were also rectangular rather than adopting Disney’s square aspect ratio. I just got some new Lps i'd been waiting a long … We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. $4.00 shipping. Pinocchio taught us not to lie, or you would have a face erection. The records … That’s because Disney issued a ton of these things in the late 1960s and early 1970s, covering most of the stories we all know and, mostly, love. It was exciting. Walt Disney Records My First Read-along Aladdin Here Comes A Parade Story & Songs Cassette & Book . 1965 Disney Three Little Pigs Read a Long School Set RARE CoolItemsfromDonald. And that little smiling boy logo in one corner always gave me a thrill, because I knew hi-tech fun was in store … a record! ν Μαχόμενος ( SPIRA – FORD P WAIGHT collaboration ). The first Read-Alongs, book-and-record sets, were released in 1965 by Disneyland Records (now Walt Disney Records); several hundred titles have been produced. $8.14 shipping. Hello Select your address Best Sellers Today's Deals Prime Video Customer Service Books New Releases Gift Ideas Home & Garden Electronics Vouchers Gift Cards & Top Up PC Sell Free Delivery Shopper Toolkit Disability Customer Support Today's Deals Prime Video Customer Service Books New Releases Gift Ideas Home & … The Lion King Read-Along Storybook and CD Disney Publishing participates in affiliate commission programs, including with Amazon, which means that we may earn advertising fees from purchases you make from the links on this page. Posted on November 24, 2018 by The Vintage Toy Advertiser. 5 out of 5 stars (192) 192 … OK, maybe that’s not quite how that little ditty went, but like I said up there (^), Peter Pan was king of kids records for my crew, and they were expansive in their coverage of kids literature, too, once the read-along started rolling. Miran Studio. If you’re Warner Brothers sitting there with a wealth of Looney Tunes material and the fans to back it up, what do you do when Disney and Snoopy and Planet of the Apes start approaching your audience outside the confines of Saturday morning TV or the funny papers? They would be great for an upcycle project or child in possession of a turntable. This item will post to United States, but the seller hasn't specified … Remember those vintage Disney book-record combinations you could get through a mail-order book club?